Wednesday, April 25, 2012

A Quilt from Great Grandma

Those of you that know my grandma Know what an accomplished seamstress she is.  Over the years I have gotten so many treasured items that she made.  From clothes when I was I kid, to fancy dresses, place mats, bibs for the girls when they were babies, and even a Christmas tree skirt.  She also is a fabulous quilter and has made quilts for just about everyone in the family!  Last week River got his own quilt from great Grandma!  It resembles a rocking horse quilt that she made me when I was little.  I loved my rocking horse quilt so much that by the time I was a teenager, there was only a small corner left of it.  She made me a replica of this quilt when I was 19, and I still have it tucked away in perfect condition!  River's quilt is lovingly titled "The little Engine That could" because he is our little engine that could!  It is sure to keep him snugly warm over the years.

       Just an update on how River is doing....he is doing great and his cleft does not bother him one bit!  We are getting lots of big wide smiles from him, and I try to cherish all these big wides smiles from his cute little cleft.  I'm sure going to miss it when its gone, I like him just the way he is. He is a happy baby and always smiling and laughing, and telling us stories with his baby babble.  He seems to have some red in his hair, which my mom is not doubt happy about.  Time will tell if her turns out to be a strawberry blond or an auburn red head. He has big bright blue eyes that he is always getting compliments on.... He got those from me :)  He is a handsome boy that's for sure!  We will be going to Shriners in 2 weeks for a check up, and to talk about surgeries which will be coming up soon.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Your grandmother IS an amazing seamstress!! The quilt she made for River us gorgeous!! What a great photo too.
    I am happy to hear that River is doing so well and is a happy little guy!!

    ReplyDelete